Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Knit Wits and Sports Nuts

My sister-in-law, Patty, has been blogging at PurlySpaniel for a few months. Now I've discovered my sister Deirdre has a blog too. Dee's blog is Knitter from Keene.

Both blogs are mostly about knitting, but they are more than that. For example, I really like Patty's post about knitting and baseball:
They statistically break down anyone who looks like the player, has a name like the player, once played with the player and who has the potential to play with the player. And while this happens my head is spinning and I am knitting. Baseball has been very, very good to me. They watch, I knit. Everyone is happy
I can relate. Although I grew up in a sports crazy household, I've only become interested in sports recently -- mostly because my sons are sports nuts. I guess the "sports crazy" gene sometimes skips a generation. I'm still not a sports nut, but at least now I'm not completely lost when the talk at family get-togethers turns to the Sox, Celts and Pats.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone. Bring on the sports talk. I won't even try to keep up when the talk turns to knitting.
 

No comments: